Sunday, June 12, 2011

Body Work (day 2)


For the second day in a row (on a weekend) Lauren had to work which left me to work on the Mustang. After speaking at Pipeline, I headed over to my parents house, changed and got back to work on the front fenders. As the day before, most of my work was concentrated on the passenger fender since it had the most damage and required the most attention. After making another pass with Bondo on the fender and doing some sanding, I used a can of spray primer to get a good look at the fender. I loosely hung it on the car to get a good look at it and I mist say that it is looking pretty good. There are a couple of spots that I want to spend a little more time on, but overall it is ready for a coat of epoxy primer and block sanding.

Passenger Fender on Mustang

The rear Passenger's side extension had a small dimple dent in it and I attempted to hammer it back out, but I wasn't able to get it entirely out. I used a skim coat of Bondo to bring it flush. I stripped down the paint on the rest of it using a scour pad on an air tool and put a coat of primer on it to check it and it passed the test.

Passenger's Side Rear Quarter Extension

My dad graciously helped me out again today and spent his time working on the roof and the driver's side door area. After sanding down the roof, he used another coat of Bondo for a few low spots.

Roof with Second Coat of Bondo

I have decided to buy a gallon of epoxy primer in order to get a more even finish and a better paint job. Epoxy primer will fill small scratches and level the surface. I haven't decided which brand to go with yet, but that will be my next purchase as we get ready for paint in the upcoming couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment