Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Coat of Primer


Well today was the day that I was finally able to spray the Mustang with it's first coat of primer! I have always been scared to paint any of the cars that I've had so I always let me dad do it, but this time he showed me what to do.

Dad Shooting Headlight Bucket

We worked our way around the entire car. At this point we have off everything including the hood, trunk lid, doors, fenders, and valances. I don't think it's possible to be in anymore pieces than it currently is. He shot most of the car and I shot the trunk lid, doors and fenders.


Spraying Passenger Door

Here are the pictures of the rest of the car:





The next step is to wet sand with a 220 grit paper and do some more body work. There are still a few places that need to be gone over again. Once that has been done we'll spray the first coat of body fill primer. We're getting closer to shooting some color! I ordered the headliner, windlace as well as the front & rear glass weatherstripping. I need to buy the Second Skin "Heat Wave" product to line the roof before I put in the headliner.

Chrome Parts Receipt

My dad also spoke to a guy at the local chrome shop who said that he could re-chrome both wing windows and both rear quarter windows as they are both in desperate need of re-chroming. His price is $370 and includes six different pieces. I stripped down all six parts down so that they would be easier to work with. They're not in very good shape right now and will look much better with a new layer of chrome on them. He actually dropped them off this week and they will be ready to pick up on Friday the 23rd. I'm excited to see them on the car once the car is painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment