Friday, July 22, 2011

Gauges Finished

I received my order from CJ Pony Parts today which included my instrument bezel, new blue gauge light lenses and a Scott Drake export brace and monte carlo bar in a "satin" finish. My gauges have been sitting in the office closet waiting for the final two parts that I received today. If you remember my ENTRY from seven months ago, I pulled the gauges apart, repainted the housing and needles and have been waiting to finish it.

The new lens covers were mounted in the housing to replace the warped and discolored originals. Below you can see the difference between the originals (bottom) and the new lenses (top.)

1966 Mustang Instrument Light Covers (blue)

Once I mounted the new lens covers, I put the gauges back in place as well. From left to right the gauges are Fuel, Oil, Speedometer, Amps, and Temp.


1966 Mustang Gauges

Once I had the gauges back in the housing, I put the spacer cushions in the new bezel which will keep the plastic lens from rattling. I think most people throw those away when they change their bezel because they don't realize that those little pieces of rubbery Styrofoam are actually useful. Next, I placed the metal spacer on top of the housing and  then finally set on the new bezel.

Complete 1966 Mustang Gauges with new Bezel


As mentioned before, I also got in my curved monte Carlo bar and export brace from Scott Drake. I was disappointing with the finish on the monte carlo bar as it is not in perfect condition. I suppose I expected higher quality considering that this was the most expensive monte carlo bar they offered. I purchased the satin finish because I just wanted something different than the standard chrome that everyone else puts on their classic Mustang.


Scott Drake Export Brace & Monte Carlor Bar in Satin Finish

I will get pictures of the rims on the car when I go to my parents house on Sunday afternoon although they'll look weird with an un-painted car and without tires. Here is a quick shot of one of the Torq Thrust 2.1 rims in 17x8 with 5.48" of backspace:



Torq Thrust 2.1 in 17x8



No comments:

Post a Comment