Monday, September 22, 2014

CSRP Disk Brake Kit Ordered

I decided to order a CSRP from disk brake kit last night. I know that I don't get the Mustang out much these days, but it seemed like a good idea to make sure that I have a good set of brakes on it for when I do drive it. I'm going with their kit that utilizes "1999-2004 type SN95 Mustang based 11.0" disc brake with large dual piston aluminum calipers and 1.03" thick rotors." It is the .4.2/PBU/AT kit. This is what the kit is said to include (On CSRP Website):
  • Dust shields 
  • Single piece caliper brackets 
  • Large dual piston aluminum calipers 
  • Brake pads, brake hoses 
  • Hose brackets and attachment hardware 
  • Adjustable proportioning valve with convenient mounting bracket 
  • Master cylinder with an integral residual pressure valve 
  • Master cylinder outlet adapter(s) 
  • All metal master cylinder bleeding kit 
  • Adjustable push-rod, wheel bearings 
  • Wheel seals, caliper attachment hardware 
  • Wheel attachment hardware 
  • Dust caps 
  • Performance slotted rotors with bearing races pre-installed 
  • Correct grade 8 attachment bolts 
  • Medium and high strength thread lockers 
  • High temperature wheel bearing grease 

The kit should hopefully arrive this week and if everything goes as planned, I'll have it installed on Saturday. I'm going to enlist the help of my dad with bleeding the brakes since that is one thing I've never done before. The installation instructions for this kit are supposedly the same as the ones for the .2 kit.





No comments:

Post a Comment