Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Transmission

I recently acquired the T5 that will back the 302 motor going into the 'Stang. I drove out to Los Angeles after work today to pay some guy named Romeo $180 for the transmission and shifter base. It supposedly came out of a 1988 5.0 Mustang...but who knows. Traffic coming home was horrific, but I survived the L.A. freeways without injury. I plan on swapping Calvin's old 1966 hood for the bellhousing + $20 to pay for a new pivot ball that it is missing. I talked to a guy in San Juan Capistrano named Brian that is going to sell me the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate for only $30!!! The flywheel was recently resurfaced and the clutch only has 6,000 miles on it...can you believe it?! I'm going to pick it up from him on Monday after work. I'll still need a few parts like the block plate, clutch fork, bearings, clutch cable kit and starter. it might seem like a lot, but its really not. maybe another $350 before its all said and done. Things are lookin' up!



I've been cleaning up chrome and stainless steel parts for the car when I get off of work during the week to help move things along while I can't physically be with the car. last week I had a '65 glove box door and the stainless steel molding that goes around the front windshield. This week I have the '66 bar grille, horse and corral, grille support molding and one emblem. I should have them cleaned up and ready to take back to the house to exchange out for other parts.








I like the pace things are moving along. I think we'll pull out the straight six on Sunday when I'm at the house to drop off the transmission. More to come!








No comments:

Post a Comment