Saturday, May 7, 2011

Grounded


I wasn't really in the mood to work on the car today so I did some small things that needed to get done. The dash need to have a good ground from the block in order for the gauges and other electronics inside the car to work well. I decided to run the ground wire off of the main ground post that I had created a few weeks ago instead of running a new ground off of the block. The rest of the grounds on the other side of the fender apron include the alternator, fan relay and motor. I still need to buy new front shocks...I know.

Ground Running to the Dash/Trunk

The wire goes in through the firewall and then runs along the bottom of the dash where I ran a bolt, washer and nut that the ground wire connects to. With a well grounded dash, I shouldn't have any problems with decently working gauges. The ground from the dash then runs under the scuff plate and into the trunk which will also be used to ensure a better ground for the brake/reverse lights.

Engine-to-Dash Ground

I also took the time to use the loom wrap to clean up the wires around the starter solenoid as well as the wires running to the starter. I painted the oil pressure extension which allows the pressure sending unit to mount further away from the block (otherwise it wouldn't have fit.)

Oil Pressure Sending Unit
I also mounted the hood latch since I'll be mounting the hinges, hood and fenders in the near future to begin body work and painting. I'll need to line up the hood and then adjust the location of the hood latch to ensure it closes tightly.

1966 Mustang hood latch


No comments:

Post a Comment