Monday, May 2, 2011

Rear Air Shocks Installed

I worked from 5-11am this morning to give me time to make it up the mountains to have Lauren's dad remove the 15 stitches in my chin that he sewed in last Saturday. On my way back home I decided to stop by my parents house and install the rear shocks that I purchased over a week ago.

Rear Monroe Adjustable Air Shocks

My first Mustang also had rear adjustable air shocks which proved useful if I knew I was going to have a bunch of people in the back of my car to go somewhere and I wanted to make sure the rear of my car wasn't going to sag. I decided to put in Monroe Adjustable shocks that I purchased from Kragen/O'Riley. With tax they ran about $81 for both including the mounting kits. I ran the air lines through a hole found on the underside of the car and then ran them through the opening to remove the shocks. Using Electrical tape I taped together the air lines to keep them together and to help protect them from damage. The air adjustment fitting is mounted on the driver's side of the car on the trunk hinge. 


UPDATE 09-20-2011

I pulled the air shocks and instead installed a set of KYB Gas-A-Just shocks. You can read about it HERE.

1 comment: