Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Replacement Emergency Flasher Switch

If you recall from my last post, the emergency flasher switch that was provided in the Mr. Mustang kit was the wrong switch; it only powered the front passenger side blinker. I emailed the fellows at Mr. Mustang and explained the situation in great detail. Their response was, "We can replace that for you. What is your name and address?"

I responded with my name and address and they mailed me an entire kit including a new switch. I received the package in about a week (today as a matter of fact.) I went over to where my Mustang is being garaged so that I could install the new switch to make sure that it functioned as a single pole triple throw. I hooked up all four wires and as it turns out, they shipped the same exact switch that was wrong the first time they sent it. I couldn't believe it! I explained to them exactly what the problem was with the first switch and they sent me the same switch again! I ended up using a separate wire (red below) to connect the one working connector to the other non-working two.



No comments:

Post a Comment