Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sound Deadner Measurements


I spent a few hours doing some body work on the Mustang and thought I would take a moment to take some rough measurements for where I planned to put my recently purchased Second Skin sound deadener. I also bought a heat shield that will line the roof as well as the firewall. These are the rough numbers I came up with if everything is completely covered:

  • Roof- 28 Sq/ft
  • Doors- 23 Sq/ft
  • Floor- 41 Sq/ft

I don't plan on completely covering everything since it won't make much of a difference. From what I've read, the sound deadener is only dampening the rattle of the sheet metal so some strategically placed strips should do the job. I won't install the sound deadener until the car has been painted so it might be another month or so before it's in.

Second Skin Damplifier


Second Skin Heatwave Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment