Saturday, September 3, 2011

Jams and Doors

I got off of work an hour early today since I didn't take a lunch and since I planned on going to my parents house to work on the Mustang anyways, it just gave me more time to work on it. When I arrived I saw that my dad had taken off the deck lid and began stripping the underside. 

Underside of Deck Lid


My goal today was to pull off both doors in order to strip down the door jams and the area around the door where the weatherstrip goes in order to get it ready for paint. I met my goal.

Passenger's side

Driver's side

I used the air tool with a scour pad on it to strip down the hinges and jams down to the metal. The jams now look ready for a coat of paint.

 
Passenger's side Door


The doors had surface rust on the mounting point for the hinges, but it cleaned off very easily. I stripped down the rest of the paint around the door area and there was no rust found under the door where rust often eats away at the door.


Since I had some extra time and the trunk lid was off, I was able to strip down down the jam to get it ready for a coat of primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment