Saturday, February 12, 2011

My First Mustang

1964 1/2 Mustang in parents driveway on Pinkerton Place in 2003
I bought my first car when I was in eighth grade in 1996 for $400.00. It was a 1964 1/2 mustang that had a 260 backed by a C4 auto transmission. I had found the car in a Press-Enterprise classified ad posted by a guy in his mid thirties with a few toddlers and in need of some cash. He said that he wanted to restore the car, but started having kids and that prevented him from ever starting the project. The car was essentially a shell that needed everything. The top picture is the car closer to the time that I sold it. You'll notice the 3" cowl induction hood, but cannot really see the Shelby style trunk lid and extensions. I recently found a couple of pictures and ass I find more I'll add them to this post.


1964 1/2 Mustang interior in parents driveway on Jerome St in 2000
As you can see, the car had an off-white interior with the door panels and dash painted blue to match the outside of the car. I'm going to paint my current Mustang to look much like this first car that I restored.



1964 1/2 Mustang interior w/ white gauges in parents driveway on Jerome in 2000
Notice the sweeping gauges found in most 1965 Mustangs. My gauges were used to scan in order for my old friend Kyle and his dad to create white faced gauge stickers. As you can see they gave me a set for my car. I just had to use the ghetto pedals from the local import race car store since I was a teenager and didn't know better.



Me cleaning my 1964 1/2 Mustang  in parents driveway on Jerome in 2000
This is when my car was freshly completed and it still had the glasspack exhaust that came out of the back of the car. I later changed it over to 2-chamber Flomasters with cutouts to run open headers when I felt like it.


Foreground- Calvin's 1966 with 6-cylinder
Background- Me cleaning my 1964 1/2 Mustang
Back-Background- DJ Powell's Chevy pickup


In the foreground is my brothers 1966 Mustang that he was in the process of restoring. He drove it around with a straight six for a while before he started taking it apart and converting it to an eight cylinder car (the same thing I'm doing with mine.)






1964 1/2 Mustang interior in parents driveway on Jerome St
This was the car closer to the time that I had first purchased it. I don't think I have any other pictures of the car pre-restoration. For some reason this is the only one I have ever been able to find.




No comments:

Post a Comment