Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rear Window




I brought home the original review mirror from the Mustang since it looked like it was salvageable. I had picked up some chrome polish/rust remover while I was at Kragen the other day getting the u-bolts for the driveline. I had 30 minutes to work on a small project so I took on the mirror.


With a little chrome polish and a little elbow grease it looks almost as good as new. There is one small section on the bottom of the mirror that it missing a chunk of chrome, but I think I'm willing to live with that in order to have an original mirror in the car. I might be able to cover it up a little with some silver paint as to not draw too much attention to its imperfection. I think it turned out pretty nice by the time I was done with it:




No comments:

Post a Comment