Monday, July 27, 2009

Moving Along...

I continue to order new parts for the 'Stang, but have yet to work on it since my last blog post a week ago. I've ordered the block plate, throwout bearing, clutch fork, pivot ball, rear differential u-bolts, and rear shock plates. I have just about everything I need (minus mounts) to put the motor and transmission into the car. I shipped out my front steering parts and my new ones are now on their way to California; they should be here by the end of the week.


My next step is to primer and paint the engine compartment in order to drop in the 302 sitting in the garage. I also need to cut out the rear floor pans and weld in new ones in order to paint the underside of the car so that I can put the rear back in. I've got a bid in on Ebay for a set of gauges for a '65 'Stang. Since the shipping is $16, my bid is for $5.99 and the auction ends tomorrow at noon. We have a set at the house, but they have a bend in them and a new set would be ideal.

I should have the chance to work on the car Sunday and I'll provide an update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment