Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sealin' the Car

Instead of using my lame 2.0 megapixel camera phone, I decided to take my Nikon digital SLR and shoot a few pictures. As you can see to the left, I have used some sealant to seal the seams on the floor of the 'Stang. That will help keep out moisture and also slightly keep down some of the road noise.


I also took a picture of the ceiling of the car showing that I sealed it with the POR-15 as well since it was showing mild signs of surface rust from years of sitting in the open with no headliner. The black around the edge is also POR-15, but I ran out of the silver and had to start using a different color. I also painted the black through the openings next to the back glass.









Not to be forgotten is the engine compartment that my dad primered and re-painted with a semi-flat black Rustoleum paint. I like the flat look better than I would a semi-gloss or even a gloss because I don't think the engine compartment should shine...the engine is what needs to stand out. It has a very clean look and I'm happy with the way it turned out. After coating the outside of the engine compartment with rubberized undercoat, it was also primered and painted with the same black paint. It is my intention to paint the rear differential with the same paint before we put it back in the car.







Just for the sake of taking one, I took a picture of the VIN tag with all of the car's information stamped on it.








On Wednesday, my dad and I sprayed the floorboard with the rubberized undercoat to help seal it and also to keep down on road noise. Of course we are going to put something else down (probably rubber matting cut to fit) to help keep down on the noise that will be created from the mufflers under the car as well as the noisy road. The sheet metal isn't as thick as one would think, so we've got to put something down to help keep it quite inside the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment