Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bumpers, Blinkers and Weatherstrip

I didn't get around to working on the motor this weekend, but I did work o a lot of other little things. I had to clean up things like the seat track sliders, the backing for the front turn signal housing, bumper bolt washers, and the rear bumper light housing. They all had a little surface rust so i used the wire wheel to clean them and then coated them with metal primer and painted them black.

I tried to push down the key that holds the trunk tumbler inside the trunk trim molding and it wouldn't depress. I had to drill it out in order to get the old tumbler out in order to reuse. With the tab drilled I had to tack weld the tumbler to the new housing.



After I cleaned and painted the bumper washers and side brackets I was able to mount the bumper with my dads help. I also mounted the front blinkers since I got in the lens gasket and housing-body gasket. 



I installed the door post weatherstrip on both sides.



I also installed the 1/4 window weatherstrips for the window and the door jam.



I installed the new pedals along with the pedal trim. I was only missing the brake pedal trim, but it had come in the mail while I was working on the car. 



The rear bumper game me some problems, but I'll be able to tweak the mounts a little to get the bumper to line up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment