Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Interior Instillation Part II


I spent a few hours working on putting together some more of the interior today before men's group. I was able to install the dash/windshield trim with a little finesse. I had to trim some of the dash around the screw holes because it was nearly impossible to get the screws started when I didn't even know where the holes were.



I also installed the screws above the glove box door to keep the dash up since it was sagging a little big around this area. I haven't installed them above the gauge cluster yet and am not sure that I'm going to since the dash sits up nicely without them. 


My brother helped me out by sanding down a lot of the paint built up on the drip rails and then installing my old drip rail molding. he them polished them to a nice shine.



I installed the sunvisor rods even though I don't have the sunvisors from CJ Pony yet. They are still on backorder from what I can tell.


My brother also fixed the trunk latch so that the trunk now stays closed and I installed bolts to hold down the gas tank filler neck. I couldn't use the heavy screws because at some point in the car's life the holes were drilled out and were too big for them. The bolts I used were small bolts, but they were bolts nonetheless.


Another thing I did was remove the old parking brake handle and install the new one. This was a pain in the butt to do. I couldn't get the pin out the holds the handle to the rod so I had to use a grinding wheel to trim it down. Eventually I got it off and was able to pretty easily install the new one. I then masked off the area and repainted the clutch, brake and accelerator pedal black since they got a lot of over-spray from painting the interior. I still need to install the pedal pads and trim rings.


The last picture I took was just of the seats since I like them so much. I did install the side trim on them last time I was over and you can partially see it on the driver's seat. My dad has upholstered one of the rear quarter panels which puts me one step closer to installing the rear seat. The package tray is still on back order through.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's seems like the car is coming together so quickly. The headrests and seats look really good. You're definitely going to be driving yours much sooner than I will be mine.

    ReplyDelete