Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Installing Extra Gauges

I spent a few hours installing the extra tripod of gauges under thee dash this afternoon which will more accurately measure 1. Water temperature 2. volts, and 3. oil pressure.



Each gauge has a back light which requires power and ground so I ran a ground wire to the gauge cluster from the post I put under the dash that came off of the engine/frame. From there I split the ground into three seperate wires that I crimped a single spade plug to. I wanted to keep all the wires connected seperately in case I had to pull one of them. I put the wires in a loom to tidy up under the dash.

I ran the water temperature line along with the oil line through the firewall and hooked up the water sensor to a "T" at the back of the intake manifold along with the regular dashes water temperature sensor. I have yet to hook up the oil sensor or the voltage gauge positive wire yet, but I'll do that the next time I'm over.

My brother helped adjust the windows and got the gap between the front and quarter window to be as small as possible. They're looking good now! Once they're finished I'll put on the door panels.




1 comment:

  1. If I could offer a suggestion, I don't know if you have done this yet or not, but, it would be a good idea to remove and thoroughly clean and lubricate the door latches before you install the brand new door panels.Door latches seem to be fond of waiting to see the backs of new door panels before they start acting up.

    ReplyDelete