Monday, March 12, 2012

First Drive to Work

I decided to drive the Mustang to work today (35 miles each way in Southern California) and it was pretty nice. The only downside was that I don't have a worked speedometer in the car nor do I have the tachometer hooked up. I work 5am-2pm so I was on the road while it was dark. I'm looking forward to the drive home since it will be daylight and I'll get to see other people's reactions to the car.


The oil under the car isn't from the Mustang. It doesn't appear to have any serious oil leaks that would cause that kind of stainage.

Since cutting the front springs to help the front end settle down, it looks like the camber has begun to go negative (which is a good thing):


Before I had positive camber which isn't desirable. Not that it has gone negative, I can have my buddy set it properly. I'm told that it should be between -2 to -3 degrees. It looks like the tires have moved outwards whereas they had been aligned to have toe in. I guess that's what happens when you lower the suspension of a car. I should be able to have the car realigned tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment