Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Rebuilt Carb and Window Regulator

Although I just put on another carburetor, it actually belongs to my dad and his 351 Cleveland motor that he'll be putting into his '67 Mustang so I had to buy my own. I did some searching on the web and came across a gentleman on Ebay that rebuilds used Edlebrocks who so happened to be selling a 1406 600cfm for $175. He lives in Arizona so I knew it would get here pretty quickly and even with shipping it was only $190. Unlike my dad's carburetor, this one has an electronic choke which is awesome!


The back probably looks like any other carburetor. Nothing to see here. This was the description of the item:

Edelbrock #1406 electric choke. Unit has been dissasembled and thoroughly cleaned inside and out. New needle and seat, new accelerator pump and gasket kit has been installed. Floats have been set to factory correct height. Includes new base gasket as well.
This has not been run on any engine since its rebuild. YOU will have to set up, fine tune, and re-jet as nessasary for your application. Unit has stock jets and rods and will perform like a factory stock unit.
 

I also received my Scott Drake window regulator in the mail yesterday along with my fender bumpers. I've read that the Scott Drake part is much better than the other versions out there. Once I pull out my existing regulator and install the new one, I'll be able to put on the last door panel and armrest...the interior will look complete!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment