Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Frustrated

Yesterday wasn't such a good day in the life of my project. I had called the local muffler shop (DeAnza Muffler) around 10:30am to confirm that I would be driving the car to the shop to have them look it over in order to give me an estimate of the full exhaust install on Saturday. They called me back after about 15 minutes and said to bring it in at 3:30pm. I arrived promptly at 3:30 and they had closed shop early for the day and neglected to call me to tell me that. Needless to say, I called three different shops in the area to get quotes and will be going with someone else.

It began to rain pretty hard so I parked the car under my mom's canopy for her car so I could get some work done on it. The windshield guy from Los Compadres located at 3639 Rubidoux Blvd had come back out to seal the lower driver corner since it was leaking, but guess what was happening with it today? In case you couldn't guess, it was leaking from both front corners! Now I need to call them again (951-781-8074) to have them fix it. They have been very unresponsive to my complaints and it has been a horrible experience working with them.

The front suspension had begun to settle down after it's drive drive and fill up at the local gas station, but after my dad took it for a spin, the front-end started raising up again. It is about 3 inches too high and I can't figure out why. The spring looks to be seated correctly and everything else is bolted down. I don't know what the problem is. I pulled off the front tires to take a look and make sure that everything was in order and it seemed to be fine. 

After I started wrapping up my wet afternoon working on the car, I realized that the passenger headlight wasn't working nor were the main gauge lights (although the extra tripod gauge lights were working and they run off of the same wire that runs to the main gauges.)

All of this just adds up to major frustration. There are so many things to do and such little time to get them done. I've been very busy with other stuff and I won't have much time to work on it the rest of the week.

On an even worse note, my wife's last living grandparent just died about an hour ago in her home. She was recently put on hospice and we knew that it was a matter of days. We have made a lot of trips out to visit her in recent months and we could see that her health was deteriorating mainly due to the leukemia that she was diagnosed with some months back. Unfortunately she didn't have any desire to accept Christ and unless something changed on her death bed her opportunities to accept Him have run out. It is certainly a sad day. Prayers for the rest of the family and their salvation are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for the loss of your wife's grandmother. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers for faith in Christ and peace.

    ReplyDelete