Monday, February 6, 2012

Backseat and Trunk Weatherstrip

I had about four hours to work on the car tonight so I decided to finish up upholstering the rear quarter panels and installing them so that I could put in the backseat. We used the 3M Super Trim Adhesive that we've used on most everything else and clamps until the glue set. 


I had to buy the pads pictured below that allow the seat back adjusting bolt to rest when the seat back is in an upright position. This keeps the bolt head from rubbing through the upholstery.


With my older brothers help we pulled off the trunk lid so that I could properly put on the weatherstrip. It's very difficult to put it on while the trunk lid is mounted on the car because it simply wants to fall off while the glue is setting. 
  1. The open portion of the "C" faces into the middle of the trunk (not towards the outside of the car).
  2. The thicker, more flat side of the weatherstrip glues to the trunk (the other side is more rounded and won't sit flat.)


Here is an updated picture of the motor. I realized that I hadn't taken a picture of the engine in a long time and thought it was appropriate since we've been working with the starter solenoid and electric fan relay.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're almost ready for a road trip. You can always drive to Indy and help me with my fastback. ; )

    ReplyDelete