Friday, February 24, 2012

Registered & Insured

I was able to have my insurance agent come out to take pictures of the car in order to get it insured on Thursday afternoon. After looking over the car he seemed fairly impressed and said that everything was done well. I received my temporary insurance card via e-mail this morning and during my lunch break I swung by the Irvine AAA office which has DMV services. They gave me my registration tags for 2013 and also gave my an insurance quote that allotted me 7,000 more driving miles each year with the same financial limits as my other insurance policy and all for $50 less a year. I e-mailed my current insurer to find out if they can match the policy...if they can't I'll have to switch because currently I am only able to drive 3,000 miles a  year which isn't much when you live in southern California and there are so many beautiful places to drive with a 5-speed transmission.

The current plan is to see if we can get the Mustang on the road Sunday for a test drive. Once we're sure that it is reliable enough to cruise around (mainly that it stops) I'll set up an appointment to have the exhaust installed. I was quoted $560 to install 2.5" x-pipe over the axles with dual mufflers and hangers. Hopefully that holds true. Here is a clip of a similar mustang with the same basic setup and mufflers that I want except the mufflers won't exit the rear:


No comments:

Post a Comment