Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bad Starter Solenoid

My dad bent some tube and ran the fuel line from the fuel pump to the line that came from the back of the car. He also adjusted the brakes all the way around since they weren't engaging when I stepped on the brake.  I started up the car drove it back and forth over a stretch of about 15 feet. When I turned the ignition key into the off position, the car continued to run. We ultimately had to pull the battery cable to get the car to shut off. After pulling all of the wires on the switched side of the solenoid with the key in the "off" position, the post was still hot.


When we would hit the solenoid with a screwdriver, the tester light would shut off. I will be buying a new solenoid on my way to the house tomorrow morning since this one is obviously bad.

I put the deluxe steering wheel in the car although its not fully tightened down. There is a section on the wheel that needs to be repaired with a steering wheel repair kit (epoxy), but I'll get to that later. There are more important things to get done on the car (i.e exhaust, door panels, backseat, etc., etc.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment