Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Final Coat of Clear on Interior & Heat Wave Installed

I had the opportunity to get some work done on the Mustang yesterday before mens group so I decided to install the Second Skin Heat Wave Pro along the roof of the car to help keep it cool. First I wanted to get some pictures of the interior since it was wet sanded and resprayed with a second coat of clear. It turned out great and I'm looking forward to installing the headliner, glass and interior.
'66 Mustang Driver Door
'66 Mustang Painted Dash
'66 Mustang Painted Dash

I also installed more Damplifier along the firewall and under the cowl to help keep the heat and noise to a minimum, but I didn't get any pictures of that. I'll be installing some of the heat shield along the firewall once I have some time to patiently sit and cut it to fit all of the various holes and items that are coming through the firewall. I measured and cut the firewall section at 55" x 21" and set it aside.

The front piece of the roof measured at about 23.5" while the sides measured around 22.5" so I had to cut it with a bit of an arch to match the front roof line. I used Second Skin's Contact Adhesive which seemed to tack up very well. It seems like it won't let go and is formulated to withstand heat.


I didn't need to measure the rear section because the product I had left barely filled it out. There was one section that had to be pieced in , but it wasn't very big. I even had a little left over to fit in the sail panels where there were sections that had nothing between the outer body and the interior.


Roof View from Rear of Mustang Looking Forward
Roof View from Front of Mustang Looking Back

3 comments:

  1. RJ, I used a product similar to what you're using for the heat shield in my '29 Ford hot rod. You'll be amazed at how quiet and cool it will keep your 'stang. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posts! What was the brand of the roof insulation with the shiny stuff?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete