Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sound Deadener (Part II)

I only spent a small amount of time working on the Mustang today because I was in L.A. last night visiting Lauren's grandma and then taste testing wedding food for Marianne's wedding in March so I didn't get back into town until 11:30 or so. The past few days we've had hurricane strength winds blowing through southern California which is weird because we never have hurricanes. Needless to say, the last coat of clear hasn't been sprayed on the dash of the car yet so the outside hasn't been polished yet, but we're getting there. I'm sure that both of those things will happen sometime this week.

Today I spent a few hours laying down the Second Skin sound deadener on the floorboard of the car. I'm not going to cover every square inch, but I am trying to cover the important areas. I've still got to finish the firewall and I'm also going to cover some areas in the trunk since the back tires and exhaust will make a good amount of noise in that area.

Second Skin From the Rear
Second Skin From the Front
While I wait for my rims to come back with tires on them and for the car to be polished, I'm going to be working on the center console. I bought the rear light since the original one was plastic for some reason. I didn't know they came as plastic parts from the factory since my first Mustang had a metal chrome one. At any rate, I'll be putting it together so that once the carpet is laid, I'll be ready to put in the console and then the seats. 

2 comments: