Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cleanliness is Next to...

Yesterday Tom Standley came over and helped me work on the 'Stang for a little bit. I had him put on the front backing plates and clean the timing chain cover as well as the oil pan which were both lookin' pretty gnarly. He had a magic touch and made them sparkle like new.

My dad spent some time cleaning the block to get it ready to put back together, but we never had the chance to actually do that yesterday--that is going to be today's project instead. I spent my time cleaning the head bolts, drilling the leaf spring mount plates, and mounting the rear end (minus the 3rd member and axles).

It's coming together piece by piece, but still has a ways to go. My hope is that today we'll set the heads, intake, new timing chain and cover. I'll probably clean up the front brake springs and possibly set them on the car. My plan is to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow of the progress we've made over the past couple of weeks so check back if you're looking for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment