Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spun

Still no pictures to document the progress of the Mustang since although I had my camera, I didn't have my memory card. Yesterday was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo) so I met Rachel and Steve at Peppermint Ridge and helped with their annual celebration which left me much less time than I had on Tuesday to work on the car. All I did was pull off the old spindles and put on the correct ones and then mount the rear leaf springs. I also cleaned up one additional part for the brakes and painted it. Of course neither set of spindles I've purchased have spindle washers or spindle nuts and to purchase them will be difficult because normal parts stores don't sell items like that.


Next week I think Tom Standley is going to come over and work on the car with me. We haven't hung out in quite some time. In fact, I think the last time we actually hung out, we went to a pick-a-part to find sunvisors for Lauren's Sentra.


My dad took the heads into the machine shop yesterday and they told him that they were slightly warped due to overheating (which happened on a couple of occasions when I had the car.) They are going to plane them and they should be ready by Friday so Tuesday the engine can go back together. They have a set of 351 Windsor heads that my dad wants to pick up and drop on the 302, but I don't know if that is going to happen or not. Whether we put on the 351 hears or the 289 heads, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment