Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brake for Pedestrians

I only spent about 1 1/2 hours at my parents house working on the 'Stang, but that time was well spent. I was able to get the brakes on the car which will next allow me to put on the drums and then the front tires. I'm still waiting on a set of spindle nuts and lock washers since the ones I ordered from Kragen are the wrong ones. My dad went to a brake specialty shop to order them and they should be coming in today. I'll swing by after work to work on it for a couple of hours and hopefully set the rear brakes (if I can find the e-brake bar). The one thing I don't understand is that the brownish spring on both sides should be a longer spring and it should mount on the lower hole, not the top hole according to the other pictures I looked at. I'm not sure if I need to get another spring, but that's the way its set up for
now.

Tuesday when I worked on the car, I spent my time cleaning the same brake parts that I installed yesterday. This has been a very tedious project so far. Every nut and bolt has been taken off, cleaned/painted and put back on the car so far. It has been coming along a little slower than I first anticipated, but it's been good to spend some time with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment