Thursday, May 20, 2010

Paint This

I was only able to work on the Mustang Wednesday this week since Tuesday I spent my time after work taking down two of Darrell's satellite dishes and then getting the house ready for Brad and his 4 nieces to spend the night before heading out to Disneyland the next morning. Yesterday all I really had time to do was to clean up the engine/oil pan and paint them. My dad spent his time stripping down the valve covers that were on the 302 he pulled out of his '67 Mustang. They have the original raised ford emblem on the top. I'll probably paint those black to match the oil pan.

As you can see to the left, the timing chain cover still looks great after Tom cleaned it last week. The oil pan also looks fantastic thanks to Tom. I also painted the harmonic balance but didn't bother to get a picture of that nor the valve covers. I just bought some more parts to help me move forward with putting the car together and the should arrive next Thursday. I bought the engine mount, trans mount, differential gasket, 4 wheel cylinders, 2 spindle lock nut kits, power steering rebuild kit and front brake shoes. I'm bummed that the parts won't be here until Thursday since I work on the car on Tuesday and Wednesday, but now that softball is over for the season after today I might change the days I work on the car.

I'll swing by on Saturday to work on the car while Lauren spends time celebrating Reghan's birthday. My guess is that I'll be welding the transmission mount since it was altered before I bought it. I'm not sure what else I'll do, but I'm sure I can come up with something since there is plenty to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment