Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sanding the 3rd Coat of Primer- Part I

I spent my afternoon from 2:45-6:15 sanding the layer of Featherfill that we sprayed on the car last night with the help of my older brother and we still only got about 1/2 way done with the car.








The primer that we sprayed is as tough as nails! But I've got to say, this stuff looks amazing on the car once its sanded. I'm quite impressed. My dad is going to pick up another gallon of it and thin it out a little bit since the first run was straight primer with the added hardener. I think one more coat will make the finish that much better. So far we've blocked both doors, the passenger fender, trunk lid, rear tail panel passenger quarter and half of the roof. We've still got to sand the rest of the roof, the driver's side quarter and the hood. I'm hoping to sneak in another 1 1/2 hours on Thursday before my double header softball game so that my 1/2 day Saturday will be more productive and hopefully include spraying another coat of primer.


No comments:

Post a Comment