Monday, October 17, 2011

Third Coat of Primer- Feather Fill

I was finally able to get a coat of Feather Fill G2 on the Mustang tonight. I started the after noon off by doing some more body work on the top of the trunk lid as well as on the roof. I figured that I might as well give it a shot if I ever want to learn. Its the times when you're uncomfortable that you stretch your limits and learn something new. I must say that the driver's side roof turned out pretty darn good. Of course I didn't get any pictures of it, but maybe I'll get some tomorrow. My dad was the one to shoot the Feather Fill high rise primer since he had to tweak the settings as he sprayed. Everything turned out pretty good.

Rear Trunk Lid

Hood

Rear Roof

Front Valance

Drivers Side Fender

Passenger Side Fender

Of course there were other parts we shot, but by the time we were done it was dark and it was becoming more difficult to take pictures that weren't washed out. The primer requires 4-6 hours of dry time before sanding so I figured that I would leave it until tomorrow before starting to block sand it. My dad was quite impressed with the quality of the primer and will use it on his '67 when it comes time to start the body work. I can already see a couple of areas that need minor body work, but overall the car looks to be in great shape. I'm excited to get it blocked and ready for a fourth and possibly final coat of primer before paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment