Monday, November 14, 2011

Exhaust Bracket & Primered Trunk


I was able to spend a little bit of time on Saturday morning on the car before heading out to g-ma Sylvia's house in LA. It has rained the past two Saturdays which has made it impossible to paint the car. It's also scheduled to rain next weekend...go figure. The big man upstairs doesn't want me to paint the car yet. Since the car came with a straight-six it only had single exhaust so I fabricated a hanger bracket to mount into the floor for the dual exhaust on the driver's side. I cut a piece of rubber to fit in between the bracket and the floor of the car in order to cut down on some of the vibration. The only other thing I'll need to do is slip in a u-bolt like the other side has.

I was also able to sand down the recently primered trunk lid. There were couple of spots that had to be sanded down to the old paint because the primer bubbled up around some of the curved areas.

I was able to swing by the house on Sunday to shoot a coat of dark blue paint on the trunk lid to see how it looked after block sanding it and I must say it looked pretty darn good. Once its dry we'll color sand it to be prepped for painting along with the whole car. In light of the current weather forecast for next weekend, we're hoping to paint the car on Thanksgiving morning weather permitting.

In the meantime, I'm going to get started on upholstering the car since the white pony sport seat upholstery came in last week. I brought he frames home to get started. I have new sport seat foams for the front so that's where I'll start tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment