Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Starting the Uphostery

I received the pieces of the interior that I ordered including the TMI Sport Seat foam and front/rear seat upholstery and headrest kit so I started to re-cover the seats. In a blog from January titled Sittin' Pretty I had removed the upholstery, prepped the metal with Por-15's Metal Prep and coated them with Por-15. They were now ready for a double layer of burlap, listing wire, hog rings and new upholstery. I spent about seven hours covering one seat and I went through about 220 hog rings because I had to keep on removing them after doing something wrong. Now I have a better idea of what I'm doing and I'll go buy some more hog rings and hopefully not go through as many.


The headrest is in a great location as for as where my head rests on it. I thought that since I'm 6' 3" it wouldn't sit high enough, but even when its all the way down, it touches my head. For my wife, it's perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment