Thursday, April 28, 2011

New 24" 3-Row Aluminum Radiator


After a lot of searching I found an awesome deal on a Champion 24" 3-row aluminum radiator with dual electric fans (2800 CFM combined) on Ebay from a seller in Orange (Classic Radiators.) He buys in bulk from the factory in Lake Elsinore and sells them on Ebay, but I bought mine  in person so that I could avoid spending $40 on shipping.

24" Mustang Radiator with Dual 12" Electric Fans

In order to get maximum air flow through the radiator support, I'll be cutting out about 2.5" on each side of the support. It's not completely necessary, but it will help with cooling. I will have to fabricate mounting brackets since the radiator is wider than the location to place mounts. I will also need to fabricate mounts for the fans to mount onto the radiator since I don't want to run plastic strips through the center of the radiator. I'll probably be able to put something together with some adjustable metal straps. The water temperature sensor with adjustable relay came in the mail yesterday afternoon as I mentioned in my previous blog. I picked it up on Ebay for $51.95 with shipping.

Adjustable Water Temp Relay Kit for Electric Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment